Internship at NIDM
NIDM, with an objective to sensitize and orient students with the disaster management system and enable them to innovate and contribute new ideas and techniques to the subject of disaster risk reduction activities, has been admitting students from various Universities/Institutes for internship and masters/dissertation projects. This year also NIDM invites applications to admit students as interns.
- Eligibility: Students pursuing gradua t i on, post graduation, Diploma, M.Phil courses shall be eligible, in general, for admission as Interns.
- Duration: Duration of internship will in general be 8 -12 weeks (3 months).
- Logistic Support: Interns will be provided with the necessary logistics support, i.e. office space and computer with internet facility.
- Work Plan: Interns shall be assigned tasks/ activities pertaining to the mandate of NIDM.
- Opportunity to Interns: Interns will be provided the opportunity to attend workshops, conferences and seminars, training programmes conducted during the period of internship.
- Submission of Report: The interns will be required to present an Internship Report to NIDM at the end of the internship in prescribed format. Interns may also be asked to make a presentation about their assigned activity(s).
- Propriety of Report: The report submitted by intern will be the sole property of NIDM and Institute is free to use its contents in any form of documentation. Although a copy of the report will be given to the intern/ concerned institution/ agency, who had sponsored the intern.
- Certificate of Internship: At the end of the internship, a certificate will be issued only to those who successfully complete the assigned work and submit their Report within the stipulated time of internship (except in very emergent situations/ conditions). In such emergent cases, Executive Director NIDM will be the competent authority to grant permission for late submission of report.
- Selection Process: The applications received for Internship will be reviewed by NIDM administration for the purpose on the basis of the qualification and experience of the candidates. The final decision shall be taken by the Executive Director, NIDM.
- How to apply: The interested and eligible students must send their applications, along with their CVs in the enclosed prescribed format, duly forwarded by nominating institution/ agency, to the Executive Director, National Institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, A-wing, 4th floor, NDCC-II Building, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi - 110001. Such Internships are open all round the year.